Sunday, March 7, 2010

Surreal Sundays

So far my day consists of cleaning the walls while the menu music for the Tudors loops in the background a billion times. Who the hell cleans the walls? Freaky Martha types, that's who. The widowed don't generally bother when it's only them rattling around the skeletons of their former happy home. Most of them have kids and purposes anyway.

These surreal moments are constantly occurring now. Today it's this old England castles-n-scandals music playing while I dramatically wipe cobwebs and skin cells off the door frame. Yesterday it was some typical happy 50s music at the supermarket, while I picked out loser bananas that had broken off so they would ripen (rot) at staggered times. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a Weeds episode.

I should definitely be more disturbed that I constantly compare real life to tv shows and my past life in an online game. I was pretty awesome back when I was a male wood elf ranger...

1 comment:

  1. I am soooooo sorry for your lose.

    His Journey's Just Begun


    Don't think of him as gone away..
    his journey's just begun,
    life holds so many facets..
    this earth is only one.
    Just think of him as resting
    from the sorrows and the tears
    in a place of warmth and comfort
    where there are no days and years.
    Think how he may be wishing
    that we could know today how
    nothing but our sadness can really
    pass away.
    And think of him as living in the
    hearts of those he touched..
    for nothing loved is ever lost..
    and he was loved so much.

    by E. Brenneman

    Take care
    Jimmy B
    Melanoma Missionary

    ReplyDelete